Saturday, September 13, 2008

So....It's funny that we got married....

It was Becca's birthday this week, so, in honor of her birth, we went out to dinner. Everything was going great! The food was delicious, the conversation was stimulating, and then she said it. We were laughing and joking about us and our life together, and Becca says "So, it's funny that we got married......" The key word to me was funny. Those of you that know me know that I have an uncanny ability to take offense to ANYTHING anyone says, but only when I feel like it. I can turn it on or off as I please. Like a faucet. An offense faucet. Anyways, I asked Becca if she would continue with that statement because I was eager to hear what was so funny! Becca continued, "Well, it's just funny because in High School you were this nerdy kid that hung out with nerds and dated the joke of the soccer team. I was voted senior class president and dated a popular football player. Don't you think it's funny?" .......................... Well, I actually did find the whole conversation really amusing because Becca meant it in a very innocent way. I just like to turn innocent things into not-so-innocent things. By the way, would a super nerd have hair like this?? (Actual photos of me from high school)?

5 comments:

Shelly & Danny said...

Jeff, I thought you were the coolest in high school:) Don't feel bad. The last picture is definitely the hottest, for sure...

P.S. cute blog

Brigitte said...

haha... nice pictures JP!

This post made me laugh cuz this is so me and Jayson! Except both of us fully admit we would never have dated one another if we had known each other in High School. It is pretty funny how people change and how lame High School is/was.

Anonymous said...

Jp...I had no idea you and Matt had so much in common. I will have to show you the pictures from his mullett days! Anyway...sweet Becca, she always means well:)!

P.S. Can I make a request?? I would love for you to post your llama story. Its soooo funny and I can't remember all the details!

holly said...

Jp you are too cute i have a hard time beleiving you were a nerd in High School. I do know that Becca was "ALL THAT" in High School, I mean She spent alot of time at my house playing Cranium with me and Rand, what is cooler than that?
I lOVE YOU BECCA!!!!!

Laurie Huish said...

HOLY COW! Awesome hair Jeff! Becca this story made me laugh so hard! I am not sure Michael and I would be together if we knew each other in high school :)