Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cheyenne



This is defiantly a post for my self more that anything else, as I hope to someday print this and save it as a journal. I just wanted to post this as something that is really important to me.  I have been a horse lover all my life, so when I was able to buy my very first horse at age 20 it was one of the best moments of my life. I remember going with my dad and a small, borrowed, white two horse trailer to buy her from an older gentleman I in Lehi. We loaded her into the trailer and shut the door, seconds latter I was in TEARS.  My hole life I had wished on every birthday, christmas, and any other significant holiday that I would find a horse with a ribbon around its neck  out in a trailer in the fort yard, and at age 20 it finally happened! I was only able to keep her for about a year and a half due to some complications with the ownership partnership and my inability to afford her all my own. I made the decision to sell her last winter and have regretted it ever since!! The only good news to that was that I sold her to an amazing family who has cared for her better than I did, she has an amazing little girl that love her more than anything!! A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from her new owners expressing the need to sell her, this economy is really effecting so many. When I sold her to the now owner we had an agreement that if she ever need to be sold she would be offered to me first. Well needless to way we are in the middle of coming to an agreement about placing her with me again. The reason I feel so strongly about this would be hard for many to understand, she is just a horse, but to me she is so so much more. I have missed this horse so much! My wonderful husband has agreed to make sacrifices in order for us to be able to bring her back home.  I am so lucky to be married to someone who can understand some of my very most deep feelings and respect them! I will also have the opportunity of sharing her with the little girl that owns her now, taking them to shows and teaching lessons, ever sense I sold her that is something I have not been able to do much of and is part of my great joy when it come to horses. Anyway I have my fingers crossed that everything is going to work out! We will see!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope that everything works out!!

Jessica said...

YEAH! Becca I am so excited and happy for you! I know how much you love her and what a great horse she is, this is awesome! I just wish I was there to go on rides with you!

Andrea said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you:)