Monday, April 14, 2008

good bye to a good friend


I just wanted to take a second and say good buy to one of the best friends I have ever known! Carissa Pearce , 22 years old passed away yesterday afternoon of complications due to her lugs and heart. I met Carissa in the 8th grade in a per touter class, and I have loved her ever since. Carissa was borne with Down Syndrome, but that didn't slow her down!! I have never met a person more loving, judgment free, sensitive, spiritual, positive, uplifting and kind in my life. She could remember any ones name even if she only met you once! She had amazing art abilities and she was the best word searcher in the west!!! She loved to read lord of the rings and loved to watch movies. She sang like an angle and when she led the music in sacrament meeting it was the most powerful experiences!! She could say hello and smile at anyone! She could ride horses and placed in the special Olympics this year for Bowling! She always had something nice to say! She had such a powerful testimony of prayer and our Father in Heaven, and was alway sure to share that at all time, all things and all places. She will be missed so much by everyone who knew her!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Becca,
It's so cool that you have a blog. It will be neat to keep in touch. I'm so sad to learn of Carissa's passing. She really was wonderful. Anyways, just thought you might want to see a copy of the e-mail I sent to the Pearce family. Here it is:

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Carissa... I knew she was sick a while ago but I had no idea that she had not recovered. Carissa was one of the reasons I looked forward to Saturdays at MyComfort. She was fun to be around becuse she was always so happy and polite. I will always think of Carissa whem I hear someone say "While thank you." That was her answer to most everything! She was so smart and always so good at making someones day. I loved to hear all of the stories that Amy would tell about all of the funny things she did. I dont have any pictures of carissa with the balloon hats on that I normaly made for her on Saturdays but I enjoyed making them for her becuse she would always get so excited. I also loved teaching her jokes. Once she learned the joke she would tell it to you about every two minutes for the rest of the day. It was hillarious! There is no question Carissa was raised by exceptional family and community. She was one of the most Christ like people I have ever met. She was a true joy to be aroud she will be missed very much.

With love,

Dave Robertson


**As a side note I found your blog because I googled Carissa's name! Crazy huh?!