Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Everyone should do their part (By Jeff)

I got out of class today and noticed I had a voicemail on my phone from my sweet wife. It said to call her back because she had "an exciting investment opportunity" for us to get into. When Becca says those words it makes my stomach hurt, because most likely she's going to say something like "I found this beautiful horse on KSL and a horse like this USUALLY costs like $15,000 but this one is only $7,000. You can't beat that deal, so what do you think?" Thankfully, there was no new horse in her sights (seeing as how we just got into a lease for one I think that's appropriate) but she was falling in love with a new saddle! I love my wife more than anything. One of my favorite quirks about her is the way she justifies spending money. With this particular saddle, her justification in wanting to buy it was that we would be getting that money from the 'Economic Stimulus' and it was very important for us to do our part in helping the economy by making purchases with that money. Well, I couln't argue with that could I? Not everyone is as lucky as me, I'm married to a girl that feels so much responsibilty towards the economy! So in between my fits of laughter I managed to say "Absolutely you should buy it!" To which Becca responded, "I'm so glad to hear you say that, because I already did!" ........... The joys of being married to a horse lover ............

10 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

This is a great post! I can hear Becca saying all those things!

jen hulet said...

Hey Becca,
I love your justification for buying the saddle. I'll have to try that one!

Anonymous said...

Nice Becca!!! Why can't I live closer to you guys? I could so use the entertainment!!

Kathy said...

Way too funny! I'm so glad to see you doing your part!

Anonymous said...

becca i am SO blog stalking you!!! how the heck are you?!?! oh this is Lydia by the way.....yay if you remember its okay if you don'...won't be offended hahah =) welcoming to the wonderful world of bloggin i blame laurie's great blog for starting my own haha

Emily said...

Hey, I love you guys and Im so glad I get to hear the fun stores.

P.S. Taylor still has not excepted the fact that you got rid of your horse,and she keeps talking about her like it was her horse too.And if you want to know Curtis spells his name Curtis

Brigitte said...

That is sooo funny! Do you think I could use that justification to get some new shoes?..... we'll see. ;D -Jayson & Brigitte

Becky Smith said...

This story makes me so proud of my cute little name sake...she is so clever! I love you guys! Aunt Becky

Jess said...

Becca,
I have been wondering what you've been up to, it sounds like you are doing great and having so much fun!

erika said...

Hey Becca. I totally blog-stalked you. But that's okay because I saw that you are already linked to my blog--so you stalked me first!